August 26, 2017

Necchi BU Mira (1954)

I think I have had all of the 1950' series Necchi's at this point?
Miranda
Nora
Lydia
Nova
SuperNova


This one cam out of a cabinet and needed both the full "all metal bits off" cleaning as well as new wiring from plug to pedal. Fortunately I had this handy BU wiring diagram to work to.


 Super saturated in 63 year old oil/grime it was a tough nut to crack.
Nice to have the original motor with the date and the hefty 1.1amp stamped on it.
Unfortunately this green paint job did not survive nearly as well as my grey Nora

She was frozen to the point of about a half turn only but the most fun is getting them unstuck. I made a custom crank handle out of a spare lock knob so that I can have better leverage while doing the loosening / break-in phase





No case on this one but it came with this unusual accessories box

The "Press Here" box


No comments:

Post a Comment